Xilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq: XLNX) is showcasing their Xilinx(R) Automotive (XA) solutions at the Convergence Conference. The XA solutions integrate application-specific intellectual property (IP) and software-based modelling tools to address the complex image and data processing requirements of vision-based driver assistance (DA) and driver information (DI) systems. Combined with Xilinx automotive-qualified programmable devices, the capabilities provide flexible, cost-effective solutions that go beyond silicon to ease development and improve time to market of next-generation automotive systems.
Xilinx is showcasing its XA FPGA solutions from October 20 to October 22 at Detroit’s Cobo Center in Xilinx Booth #325:
Driver Assistance Applications
- Automotive Video and Data Recorder (VADR) enables real-time processing of live camera images and previously recorded roadway data. Demonstrates image sharpening, low pass filtering, sobel edge detection, local area processing, and optical flow measurements on a Spartan-3 FPGA.
- Lane Departure Warning Image Pre-Processor illustrates transition from PC-based image analytics algorithms to FPGA-based hardware. Demonstrates a lane marker detection algorithm processed on a Spartan-3A DSP device. Features an FGPA implementation method utilizing Xilinx System Generator for DSP software as a plug-in toolbox for The MathWorks Simulink(R) modelling environment. Also highlights accelerated algorithm testing with hardware co-simulation performance.
- Multi-Camera Image Processing Platform enables the simultaneous processing and user selection of four camera streams from various on-vehicle camera locations. Features Xilinx Spartan-3A DSP FPGA Video Starter Kit (VSK) with Xylon logiLENS and logiCVC IP solutions.
Driver Information Applications
- Hybrid cluster (dials and digital display) integrates stepper motor control of the analog gauges with graphics controller for the digital display. Demonstrates support for broad range of I/O standards, multiple configurations and extensive design reuse. Features Xylon LogiCRAFT3 development board with XA Spartan-3E FPGA and MicroBlaze(TM) soft core processor.
- Reconfigurable cluster combines traditional dashboard information in a digital format with full digital display of driver assistance information. Demonstrates the flexibility and system integration capabilities of programmable platforms using rear view camera in vehicle-reverse application. Features XA Spartan-3A DSP FPGA with application-specific IP for multiple LCD displays and camera-based image processing.
More information: Xilinx Automtoive Solutions