The XMCV5 mezzanine card, from GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms, features Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA. The XMCV5 is designed for a wide spectrum of digital signal processing (DSP) applications in ground mobile, airborne fixed and rotary wing and naval applications including radar, sonar, signals intelligence (SIGINT), and image processing. The XMCV5 is available in a range of configurations for rugged air-cooled systems as well as in conduction-cooled form factors.
- Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA: FX100T with PPC9A hard cores, SX95T or LX110T
- External Memory: QDR2 SRAM, DDR2 SDRAM and SPI Flash
- Rear I/O: VITA 42.3 PCIe gen2 (to 5 GHz) or VITA 42.2 sRIO build option, Rocket I/O to 6.5 GHz via GTX ports, LVDS, GPIO, GbE, Serial ports
- Front I/O: GbE, Serial, LVDS, GPIO
- VWRAP: EDK and ISE project with tested cores, VBIT – Built-In-Test
Available in five ruggedization levels — allowing for deployment in the harshest environments — the XMCV5 is the first rugged XMC to harness the power and flexibility of all three Virtex-5 FPGA families with build options for the Virtex-5 FX100T, SX95T and Virtex-5 LX110T enabling customers to field the right solution with this leading edge COTS platform. It can be mounted on a broad range of GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms 3U and 6U single board computers (SBCs), including the VMEbus PPC9A and VPX SBCs such as SBC610 and SBC310. It is compliant with the VITA-42 XMC mezzanine card base standard, and is available in both VITA 42.3 (PCIe) and VITA 42.2 (Serial RapidIO) configurations.
More info: GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms