Pentek launched the 7800 series of high-performance I/O boards. The 7800 is built upon a half-length x8 PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 carrier board and hosts a PMC/XMC module. The carrier board is ideal for software radio, data acquisition, and beamforming applications. Thanks to the 7800 series, designers can utilize PCI Express, FPGAs, and high-speed interfaces in low-cost PCs as well as in blade servers. Pentek’s Model 7800 is available immediately with prices starting at $9,995 USD. Delivery is 8 weeks ARO.
Pentek’s 7800 Series PCI Express boards bring Xilinx high-performance FPGAs to the PC environment. In addition, Pentek provides flexible, custom FPGA development options with the GateFlow Design Kit enabling users to get their application design completed more quickly.
7800 Series Carrier Board Features
- In addition to the x8 PCIe interface, the 7800 carrier board features a number of high-speed gigabit serial connectors for inter-board communication. Using protocols such as Xilinx Aurora and Serial Rapid I/O, these interconnections support communication between multiple 7800 Series boards completely independent of the backplane. This provides a critical advantage for high-connectivity systems such as radar and beamforming applications, where significant data must be transferred across multiple boards.
- A built-in fan provides forced-air cooling that can be invaluable in dissipating heat developed by high-speed A/Ds, D/As and FPGAs, without requiring an extra slot.
- A 4-pin standard disk drive power connector accepts power directly from the PC power supply to augment PCIe slot power. This supports modules with power consumption as high as 50 watts or greater.
The 7800 carrier board includes an x8 PCIe 2.0 interface capable of plugging into an x8 or x16 slot in a PC or a blade server. As a half-length board approximately 6.5 inches long, it fits virtually in any PC.
7800 X8 PCI Express Products
- 7841 – Dual Multiband Transceiver with FPGA
- 7842 – Multichannel Transceiver with Virtex-4 FPGAs
- 7850 – Quad 200 MHz, 16-bit A/D with Virtex-5 FPGAs
- 7851 – 256-Channel DDC with Four 200 MHz, 16-bit A/Ds
- 7852 – 32-Channel DDC with Four 200 MHz, 16-bit A/Ds
- 7856 – Dual 400 MHz A/Ds, 800 MHz D/As with Virtex-5 FPGAs
- 7890 – Multifrequency Clock Synthesizer
More information: Pentek