CommAgility introduced the AMC-V6L FPGA processing module. The AMC-V6L AdvancedMC module features the Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA, 256Mbytes of 16-bit DDR3 SDRAM memory, 128Mbytes of Flash memory, dual Gigabit Ethernet, and two SFP+ sockets. The CommAgility AMC-V6L is sampling now. It is priced at less than $2,000 in 1K+ volume. The AMC-V6L FPGA processing module is ideal for wireless, general-purpose FPGA acceleration and I/O processing applications.
The CommAgility AMC-V6L supports dual Gigabit Ethernet to the backplane. It also provides fat pipe connections directly from the AMC backplane on ports 4-7 and 8-11 to the FPGA, which can support PCI Express (with build option), SRIO, XAUI or even CPRI, at up to 20 Gbaud per link. Front panel I/O is supported by two SFP+ interfaces that provide flexible, high-speed optical or electrical links at up to 6.25 Gbaud. The interfaces can be configured as CPRI, OBSAI, GigE, SRIO or other standards. The AMC-V6L includes two mezzanine sites, each with 17 GPIO lines and 20 LVDS pairs.
CommAgility FPGA Module Features
- Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA, either LX75T-2 or LX240T
- 256Mbytes of 16-bit DDR3 SDRAM memory
- Two SFP+ sockets to support a CPRI or OBSAI antenna interface up to 6.25 Gbaud
- Full Gigabit Ethernet infrastructure
- Versatile clock recovery and distribution
- Single width mid-size PICMG AMC.0 R2.0 Advanced Mezzanine Card (full-size option available)
- AdvancedMC form factor
- 128 Mbytes of Flash memory
- Fat pipe connections direct from AMC backplane 4-7, 8-11 to FPGA
- Dual GbE from FPGA to backplane
- Timing and synchronization from GPS receiver, front panel or backplane clock I/O
- Two mezzanine sites
More info: CommAgility AMC-V6L FPGA Module (pdf)