Lattice Semiconductor released the latest version of their Diamond design software. Lattice Diamond 2.0 features advanced support for the new LatticeECP4 FPGA family. Lattice Diamond 2.0 software includes a complete set of easy to use, powerful design tools fine-tuned specifically for the logic fabric of their low power, low cost mid-range FPGA devices. New features include System Planner to support LatticeECP4 architecture and simplify the creation of complex high-speed 6 Gbps serial data transmission solutions without compromising cost targets.
Lattice Diamond 2.0 design software improves the overall user experience by enabling rapid design timing closure and unveils a new, partition-based incremental design flow for LatticeECP3 FPGA devices. This new design flow will help engineers preserve design performance and reduce run time after a design change is made.
Lattice Diamond software can be downloaded now for both Windows and Linux operating systems. The software can be used with either the Lattice Diamond free license or the Lattice Diamond subscription license. The Lattice Diamond free license provides free access to many Lattice devices, such as the MachXO2 and Platform Manager families. The Lattice Diamond free license enables Synopsys Synplify Pro for Lattice synthesis as well as the Aldec Lattice Edition II mixed language simulator. The Lattice Diamond subscription license enables all the features of the free license and includes access to all Lattice FPGAs, including the new LatticeECP4 devices (with the exception of the LatticeECP4-95 device, which is currently available to select customers). The Lattice Diamond subscription license price is $895 per year.
Lattice Diamond 2.0 Highlights
- Advanced data support for timing, power and packaging based on early silicon characterization of the LatticeECP4-190 device
- New System Planner tool for optimizing the resource usage of the twelve 6Gbps SERDES channels offered on the LatticeECP4 devices
- Feature-rich power calculator tool provides settings for power save and standby modes
- Pre-emphasis configuration to accurately analyze and estimate the power consumption of LatticeECP4 designs
- Enables the generation of the LatticeECP4 device’s DSP blocks
- Partition-based incremental design flow to help preserve the performance of designs and reduce the time required for subsequent compile runs needed to implement small design updates
- Improved, unconstrained paths report that will enable users to more quickly identify and fill gaps in their design constraints
- New pin usage Design Rule Check (DRC) engine now detects additional incorrect pin usage cases and supports the LatticeECP4 devices
- DRC engine operates either in real-time or on-demand
- DRC engine outputs user-friendly reports that help correct pin usage issues by providing users with suggestions
- Custom SPI Flash devices can be added to any new release of the Lattice Diamond Programmer and Lattice Diamond Deployment Tool
- Lattice Diamond Deployment Tool 2.0 offers more embedded operations, such as I2C embedded for the MachXO2 device family, and Slave SPI for the LatticeECP3 and LatticeXP2 device families
- Incorporates Synopsys’ Synplify Pro advanced FPGA synthesis for Windows and Linux
- Aldec’s Active-HDL Lattice Edition II simulator is also included for Windows
- Supports Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems
- Also provided as a 64-bit application for Windows 7 to increase memory capacity
- Tuns on Linux Red Hat 6 in addition to versions 5 and 4
More info: Lattice Diamond Download