Altera introduced the Stratix IV E FPGA Development Kit. The kit provides engineers with a design environment that includes the hardware and software needed to immediately begin prototyping high-density designs. The Stratix IV E FPGA Development Kit features the Stratix IV EP4SE530 FPGA. The Stratix IV E FPGA Development Kit is the first kit available to feature an FPGA interfacing with a 533-MHz DDR3 DIMM. Using this kit, designers can develop and test memory subsystems consisting of DDR3 DIMMs, QDR II+, and RLDRAM II memory interfaces. The Altera Stratix IV E FPGA Development Kit is available now and is priced at $9,995.
Engineers can use the Stratix IV E FPGA Development Kit to:
- Develop and test memory subsystems consisting of DDR3 DIMMs, QDR II+, and RLDRAM II memory interfaces
- Prototype designs and speed up your verification cycle and time-to-market
- Build designs capable of migrating to Altera’s low-cost HardCopy IV E ASICs
- Migrate designs seamlessly from Altera’s Stratix III F1152 FPGAs
- Take advantage of the modular and scalable design of this development kit by using high-speed mezzanine card (HSMC) connectors to interface to one of over 20 different HSMCs provided by Altera partners
Altera Stratix IV E FPGA Development Kit Features
- Development board featuring a Stratix IV E EP4SE530 FPGA
- Board test system with design examples
- 2-GB DDR3 SDRAM DIMM with a 72-bit data bus
- 72-Mb QDR II+ SRAM device with a 18-bit data bus
- 576-Mb RLDRAM II CIO device with a 36-bit data bus
- CD-ROM containing design examples
- Nios II Design Suite license
- Quartus II Design Software, Development Kit Edition (DKE)
The Altera Stratix IV E FPGA features 530K logic elements (LEs) and provides on average 25% higher performance than currently available competitive FPGAs. The performance and density advantage offered by the Stratix IV EP4SE530 FPGA enables engineers using the Stratix IV E FPGA Development Kit to fit large designs into a single device and achieve fast timing closure.
The Stratix IV EP4SE530 FPGA is pin compatible with Stratix III FPGAs. This pin compatibility allows developers to seamlessly migrate Stratix III FPGA design to a higher density Stratix IV E FPGA. Designers can also seamlessly convert final Stratix IV E FPGA design to Altera’s low-cost HardCopy IV E ASIC. Upon silicon availability in 2010, engineers will also be able to migrate their Stratix IV E FPGA design to a higher density EP4SE820 device.
More info: Stratix IV E FPGA Development Kit