Altera Corporation (NASDAQ:ALTR) will showcase how its programmable logic solutions bolster software-defined radio (SDR) designs and other military applications to meet size, weight and power (SWaP) requirements at the Software Radio Summit. Conference attendees will see demonstrations of products that enable SDR designers to:
- Use smaller batteries and power supplies
- Support relaxed thermal cooling requirements
- Facilitate redirection of power budgets to other functions
Other demonstrations include:
- Altera’s 65-nm Low-Power FPGAs
The newest members of Altera’s low-cost, low-power Cyclone(R) family, Cyclone III FPGAs, were designed to address the extreme SWaP challenges faced by military platforms, such as supporting the SRW (waveform) in handheld platforms.
- BittWare’s Software Programmable Reconfiguration (SPR) Platform
BittWare’s SPR Platform demonstrates how BittWare’s ATLANTiS FPGA framework leverages the low power and high capacity of Altera(R) FPGAs to enable SPR and rapid development of SDR applications.
- PrismTech’s SDR Middleware and Development Tools
PrismTech’s model-driven development tools and Integrated Circuit ORB (ICO) allow waveform developers to port their SDR designs to Altera FPGAs.
Software Radio Summit USA
Sheraton Premier Hotel at Tyson’s Corner
Monday, February 25, to Thursday, February 28, 2008