GateRocket® Inc. announced the RocketDrive® for Virtex®-5 FPGAs from Xilinx. The RocketDrive cuts verification and in-system debug time for advanced single or multi-FPGA based projects while adding significant value through seamless integration to a design team’s existing design verification environment, without a change in design flow or verification methodology. Virtex-5 RocketDrives are immediately available and are priced at $45,000 for a perpetual use license. RocketDrives employ the largest device in each family so that the drive can be used on a multitude of projects.
- RD311 for designs with the LX330T device
- RD312 for designs with the SX240T device
- RD314 for designs with the FX200T device
The RocketDrive is a faster and more accurate verification and debugging solution for FPGAs than traditional software-only approaches. It offers the ability to exhaustively verify and debug an FPGA design before committing to production. This is accomplished by exposing bugs that would normally only be found in the lab much earlier in the design phase, enabling shorter product development times, higher product quality and improved product performance.
The RocketDrive helps speed time to market through:
- Rapid, deterministic, debug with functional fault root-cause identification in HDL source
- Simulation acceleration for both design and regressions development phases
- 3rd party IP block validation by comparison of simulation models and FPGA hardware
- FPGA design team gains module HDL level, hardware validation, before integration
- Capture hidden simulation model, synthesis and place & route tool chain faults easily
The solution is very powerful since it allows the designer complete flexibility to place any portions of the FPGA design into the RocketDrive and seamlessly integrate it within the verification platform. This allows the FPGA to be used natively to:
- Speed verification by replacing FPGA software models with actual hardware
Investigate hardware bugs and test alternatives
Run application level software against a Device Native® representation of the design
The RocketDrive takes minutes to install in any Linux PC and integrates seamlessly with the user’s existing design and verification environment. The RocketDrive complements software design tools from the leading design automation tool vendors including Cadence Design Systems (CDNS), Mentor Graphics Corp. (MENT), Synopsys, Inc. (SNPS), Synplicity, Inc., and the FPGA vendor tools.