GiDEL announced that the new PROCStarIII(tm) family of products is now available with Altera Stratix III 340L. With four such FPGA devices, pipelined SoC designs up to 12 million ASIC gates in size can be prototyped and verified. Multiple systems can be combined for verifying even larger designs. The system’s Stratix III FPGAs can also provide reconfigurable hardware implementation of complex algorithms to deliver embedded application specific processing acceleration. A broad range of Stratix III FPGAs are available to match the computational capacity and speed of the system to user’s requirements. The PROCStarIII is CameraLink registered as a Frame Grabber and Image Processing product, like its sister products, the PROCStarII(tm), PROCSparkII(tm) and PROCe(tm) systems.
PROCStarIII Key Features
- 1-4 Stratix III 80E, 110E, 260E, 150L or 340L FPGAs
- 8 lanes of PCI Express for 2GB/s bandwidth host communications
- 8 SODIMM slots for up to 16 GB of on board memory
- 256MB DDR2 memory per FPGA (1GB DDR2 max.)
- 1 G Ethernet host communications
- Standalone operation
- Typical system clock speeds of 150-350 MHz
- High-performance system-to-system interconnection
- Support for up to five application specific PROC daughter cards-CameraLink, DVI, Gigabit Ethernet, etc.
More info: GiDEL