Altera Corporation (NASDAQ:ALTR) introduced its Platform ASSP Replacement Infotainment System (P.A.R.I.S.). The platform is intended for automotive designers and OEMs developing infotainment, navigation, comfort and convenience, and drivers-assistance systems. The P.A.R.I.S. Platform offers a complete development environment — including tools, intellectual property (IP) and software for the development of automotive in-cabin systems.
Altera’s FPGA-based P.A.R.I.S. Platform includes pre-verified IP from more than a dozen third-party hardware and software vendors. With the P.A.R.I.S. Platform, automotive designers can easily expand the functions of their automotive systems and seamlessly migrate their FPGA-based systems across multiple vehicle classes.
Third-party IP Support
- Altia: GUI building tool for automotive human machine interface (HMI) development
- Bosch: EDAR enhanced digital audio routing
- Embwise: SDHC software stack and drivers
- Emsys: USB stack and drivers, and USB 2.0 host
- Eureka: SDHC hardware interface
- Evatronix: ATA host controller IP and drivers
- ExpressLogic: ThreadX operating system
- Omnivision: Automotive camera
- SMSC: MOST Netservices and IFI/SMSC MOST MLB IP
- SpriritDSP: MP3 decoder
- TES: D/AVE vector graphics acceleration and OpenGL ES library
More information: Altera Automotive