Mistral Solutions introduced the SaraAmsh FPGA-based radar receiver. The SaraAmsh radar receiver is a 1U form-factor, 19″ sub-rack mountable, compact unit; with an 8-channel receiver that supports direct IF sampling. The radar receiver is built around a Virtex-5 FPGA based processing engine with powerful processing and high bandwidth features. SaraAmsh is ideal for DSP applications including signal intelligence, electronic warfare, and counter measures.
SaraAmsh Radar Receiver Features
- 1U form factor chassis
- 8-channel receiver sampling between 10-250 MSPS
- Direct IF sampling – all channels can be synchronized for the same sampling time
- Minimum Detectable Signal (MDS): -88dBFS
- Bandwidth: 700MHz ( -3dB)
- Dynamic Range: 2Vpp
- Supports multiple I/O interfaces like FMC (VITA 57), GigE, optical and electrical serial standards like serial-FPDP, PCIe, Aurora, SRIO, XAUI
- FPGA based processing at wire speed supports multiple algorithm running in parallel
- PowerPC based Host interface with VxWorks/Linux BSP
- High bandwidth I/O between FPGAs for optimizing/maximizing performance
- Available in commercial and rugged industrial version
The scalable design for the SaraAmsh radar receiver ensures that multiple 1U Radar Receiver units can be stacked together to provide additional receiving channels and enhanced processing. The radar receiver comes with a basic set of proven capabilities like optical sFPDP, GigE and memory controllers. It also provides remote configuration of FPGA PROM and the analog and digital sections of the complete solution, from a HOST PC.
Based on customer requirements, Mistral can provide customization services, to help customers adapt the SaraAmsh radar receiver for specific applications: like configuring it to work as a receiver and/or transceiver to adapt it for a DRFM/RTS or a Software Defined Radio application. Mistral can also develop production-worthy drivers and application software in VxWorks and Linux.
More info: Mistral