Enterpoint recently announced the Merrick6 High Performance Computing (HPC) platform. The Merrick6 is based on six processor cells combined with a controller FPGA, high speed PCIe interface, Gigabit Ethernet interface and multi-Gigabit Expansion interface. The Merrick6 card can be ordered now. The board is ideal for a range of applications, including small to medium database searching, mathematic algorithms, data filtering and pre-processing of seismic data.
The Merrick6 processing cell consists of a Spartan-6 FPGA paired with 2 DDR memory chips.There are two standard cell FPGA options. The first standard option is XC6SLX45 (-2C grade), which is compatible with free Webpack ISE tools from Xilinx. The second standard FPGA option is XC6SLX150 (-2C grade). Other speed grades and sizes of FPGA are available as special builds. In addition, the standard cell memory resource of two 4 Gbit DDR3 chips can be changed to different sizes, or simply not fitted, for special builds of this product.
Merrick6 features three high speed interfaces that support data transfer, system control, and remote processing image storage. The PCI Express interface offers a 200Mbytes/s TX and RX capability. The Ethernet interface supports approximately 100Mbytes/s of data transfer. The expansion interface can support between 600Mbytes/s and 800Mbytes/s TX and RX depending on protocol used.
Enterpoint Merrick6 Features
- Processing Cells: six cells of FPGA (XC6SLX25-XC6SLX150) and two DDR3 (1GB per cell)
- Controller for fast configuration, data transfer, management
- PCIe: X1, gen1, PCI Express interface with 2.5 Gbit/s (raw) data rate, actual data transfer of 200 Mbytes/s RX + TX possible
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet on RJ45 connector
- Expansion Interface: 600-800 Mbytes/s TX and RX
- Controller Flash Memory: two 128Mbit quad SPI Flash, larger size possible
- Controller DDR3: 0.5 GBytes for configuration or data storage
- Controller Memory Card Interface: small format memory card supported offering up to 32GBytes storage
- Power Supply: 12V input, 24A FPGA core voltage, 12A DDR3 core voltage, 12A I/O
- Cooling: optional fan card available, optional thermal back to support indirect cooling by ducted air cooling, water cooling and nitrogen cooling
- BOM customized or full custom versions available
More info: Enterpoint