Lattice Semiconductor recently introduced their ultra-low density MachXO3 Field Programmable Gate Array family. The new FPGA devices are the world’s smallest, lowest-cost-per I/O programmable platform aimed at expanding system capabilities and bridging emerging connectivity interfaces using both parallel and serial I/O. First production of the MachXO3 device shipments are scheduled for the end of 2013. Prices start below $1 in high volume.
Lattice MachXO3 FPGA Family Features
- Industry’s lowest static and dynamic power consumption for consumer, industrial, and automotive systems where uW static and mW active power enables FPGA programmability to solve difficult problems
- Advanced programmable fabric that supports up to 150MHz performance, and includes integrated DSP and memory resources
- Multi-time programmable (MTP) technology enables in-field upgrades and instant-on operation for applications in communications, storage and compute markets where I/O interfaces must be live before the rest of the system
- Designers can configure the device from a processor or external PROM — giving them the most flexible solution available for overcoming interfacing and bridging challenges
- The industry’s most complete MIPI based solutions using hard blocks and soft IP to not only achieve high bandwidth programmable bridging for applications such as 4Kx2K video, 40MPixel image sensor interfaces, but to also enable access to the latest MIPI compliant components for advanced differentiation
- Integrated hard PCIe, and GbE IP enables high speed control interfaces, as well as high bandwidth data bridges in the lowest power, lowest cost ultra-low density FPGAs
- Hot-swap I/O eliminates system downtime in communication, storage and compute applications by enabling components to be swapped out without taking the rest of the system down
- Simplified single supply solution that leverages on-chip regulators to operate within the customer’s environment
- Automotive and Industrial temperature range support
The ultra-low density MachXO3 FPGA family gives engineers a single programmable bridge that lets them build differentiated systems using the latest components and interface standards. With advanced package technology solutions that eliminate bond wires to enable lowest-cost and increased I/O density in a small footprint, the MachXO3 family can be used across market segments, including consumer, communications, compute, storage, industrial and automotive.
By matching advanced, small-footprint packaging with on-chip resources, the MachXO3 family puts affordable innovation into the hands of system architects by simplifying the implementation of emerging connectivity interfaces such as MIPI, PCIe, GbE, and much more.
More info: Lattice MachXO3 FPGAs