ADI AD9739A D/A, AD9467 A/D Boards Support Xilinx FPGA Targeted Design Platforms
Analog Devices unveiled the AD9739A D/A converter and AD9467 A/D converter FMC boards. The two data converter FPGA mezzanine cards can connect to Xilinx’s new 28nm 7 series field programmable gate array evaluation kits. The Analog Devices FMC boards support multiple generations of Xilinx kits (including the new Kintex-7 FPGA evaluation kits). The ADI FMC boards include all of the HDL (hardware description language) code and device drivers needed for designers to engage in rapid prototyping and reduce development time and risk.
ADI AD9739A D/A Converter FMC Board
The AD9739A FMC board is based on the AD9739A, a 14-bit D/A converter that enables cable television and broadband operators to synthesize the entire cable spectrum up to 1 GHz into a single RF (radio frequency) port, while consuming a maximum of 1.1 W of power. The AD9739A 14-bit, 2.5-GSPS D/A converter’s wide bandwidth and dynamic range enable cable operators to increase the QAM (quadrature amplitude modulation) channel densities by 20 times over the densities found in current cable modems. Competing D/A converter solutions require an additional 28 LVDS (low-voltage differential signaling) pairs for the data interface. The AD9739A FMC board with 14-bit D/A converter is available now for $349.
ADI AD9739A D/A Features
- Direct RF synthesis @ 2.5 GSPS update rate
- DC-to-1.25 GHz in baseband mode
- 1.25 to 3.0 GHz in mix mode
- Industry leading single/multicarrier IF or RF synthesis
- Dual-port LVDS data interface
- Up to 1.25 GSPS operation
- Source synchronous DDR clocking
- Pin-compatible with AD9739
- Programmable output current: 8.7 to 31.7 mA
- Low power: 1.1 W @ 2.5 GSPS
ADI AD9467 A/D Converter FMC Board
The AD9467 FMC board is based on the AD9467, which is a 16-bit, 250-MSPS A/D converter that operates on 35% less power at a 25% higher sampling rate than any other 16-bit data converter. The AD9467 provides a new level of signal processing performance for test and measurement instrumentation, defense electronics and communications applications where high resolution over a wide bandwidth is needed. The AD9467 delivers resolution and a fast sample rate while simultaneously achieving a high SFDR (spurious-free dynamic range) of up to 100 dBFS and SNR (signal-to-noise ratio) performance of 76.4 dBFS. The device’s SFDR of 90 dBFS up to 300 MHz analog input and 60-femtosecond rms (root mean square) jitter help lower the signal chain bill of materials component count by allowing engineers to increase system performance at higher intermediate frequencies, thereby reducing the number of signal down-conversion stages. AD9467 FMC board with 16-bit A/D converter will be available in March 2012.
ADI AD9467 A/D Features
- 75.5 dBFS SNR to 170 MHz at 250 MSPS @ 2.5 V p-p FS
- 74 dBFS SNR to 170 MHz at 250 MSPS @ 2.0 V p-p FS
- 90 dBFS SFDR to 300 MHz at 250 MSPS (@ -1 dBFS) at 2.5 V p-p FS
- 95 dBFS SFDR to 170 MHz at 250 MSPS (@ -1 dBFS) at 2.0 V p-p FS
- 100 dBFS SFDR at 100 MHz at 160 MSPS (@ -1 dBFS)
- 60 fs rms Jitter
- DNL = ±1.0 LSB typical, INL = ±3.0 LSB typical
- 2 V p-p to 2.5 V p-p (default) differential full-scale input (programmable)
- Integrated input buffer
- External reference support option
- Clock duty cycle stabilizer
More info: Analog Devices, Inc.
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.