Xilinx introduced the Kintex-7 FPGA Embedded Kit. The Xilinx Kintex-7 Embedded Kit includes the components of the Kintex-7 KC705 Base Evaluation Kit plus all additional soft content that embedded system designers need to quickly design their high-performance embedded systems. This includes the embedded targeted reference design and relevant tools such as ISE Embedded Edition software. The Kintex-7 FPGA Embedded Kit is priced at $1895.
The Xilinx Kintex-7 Embedded Kit helps engineers implement programmable system integration for applications where the processor needs to control different data streams, such as in video and Ethernet switching, motor control, and medical imaging. Developers can reduce development time by using the Kintex-7 FPGA embedded targeted reference design that comes with the kit as a stepping stone for building customized embedded systems. The scalable, optimized architecture of Kintex-7 FPGAs enables designers to migrate designs across Xilinx’s 28nm 7 series devices, maximizing design reuse and reducing time to market.
Kintex-7 FPGA devices offer the flexibility to support changing standards, parallel processing and customizable interfaces with integrated functions like high performance DSP, memory, analog and I/O interfaces. This make it easier for designers to embed soft processors to control dataflow and manage a number of interfaces in the system.
Kintex-7 FPGA Embedded Kit Features
- KC705 Evaluation Board with Kintex-7 XC7K325T-2FFG900CES FPGA
- Embedded Targeted Reference Design
- MicroBlaze soft processor with gigabit Ethernet, DDR3 memory controller, display controller and standard peripherals like UART, I2C, SD card and interrupt controller
- Includes a high performance video DMA example using AXI4 interconnect
- Display output over HDMI is supported using Xylon LogiCVC-ML display controller IP and SD card interface is supported using Xylon LogiSDHC IP
- Full seat ISE Design Suite Embedded Edition (including Xilinx Platform Studio and Xilinx Software Development Kit)
- Device-locked to the Kintex-7 325T FPGA
- Printed Getting Started Guide (specifically tailored to the embedded kit)
- Contains all hardware and soft content also available in the KC705 base evaluation kit
- AMS evaluation card
- USB flash drive
- HDMI and power cables
- Power supply
- Soft content including all reference designs, demos, board design files and documents to quickly get started with evaluation
More info: Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA Embedded Kit (pdf)