Xilinx Announces Kintex-7 FPGA Connectivity Kit
Xilinx introduced their Kintex-7 FPGA Connectivity Kit for creating serial I/O designs. The new Xilinx kit helps increase productivity by offering a Targeted Reference Design that reduces tedious. The reference design integrates an entire PCIe solution with DDR3 sub-system, including both the HDL and the complete software stack. It can be used in production systems or as a proven base for custom modifications. The Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA Connectivity Kit is available now for $2895.
The Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA Connectivity Kit offers a comprehensive, out-of-the box design environment. The kit includes a Kintex-7 FPGA KC705 base board with a high-speed FMC daughter card from Faster Technology that allows up to four 10 Gb/s SFP+ interfaces. Two of interfaces are featured in the Targeted Reference Design (TRD).
The included a 20 Gb/s Targeted Reference Design helps speed application development. The reference design integrates the Kintex-7 device’s 12.5 Gb/s GTX transceivers and PCIe x8 Gen2 hard block with a high-performance 10G DMA IP core from Northwest Logic, dual 10G Ethernet links using 10GBASE-R PHY interface, a virtual FIFO memory controller interfacing to an external DDR3 memory and supports the AMBA AXI4 (Advanced eXtensible Interface 4) standard.
Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA Connectivity Kit
- KC705 Evaluation Board featuring the XC7K325T-2FFG900CES FPGA
- Connectivity targeted reference design — PCI Express, a DMA IP core from Northwest Logic, 10GBase-R, AXI, and a Virtual FIFO memory controller interfacing to an external DDR3 memory
- Control and monitor GUI, Fedora 16 Live OS DVD, required software drivers and source code
- FMC daughter card featuring ganged SFP cages supporting up to 4x SFP+ modules
- Two 10Gb Ethernet transceiver modules and a single fiber optic patch cable
- Full seat ISE Design: Suite Embedded Edition — device-locked to the Kintex-7 325T FPGA
- Printed Getting Started Guide specifically tailored to the connectivity kit
- Contains all hardware and soft content also available in the KC705 base evaluation kit
- Hardware such as the USB flash drive, cables and power supply
- Soft content including all reference designs, demos, board design files and documents to quickly get started with evaluation
More info: Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA Connectivity Kit
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.