Innovative SBC-K7 Embedded PC Board Features Xilinx Kintex 7 FPGA
Innovative Integration introduced the new SBC-K7 embedded PC board. The SBC-K7 combines an Atom or i7 PC running Windows/Linux/VxWorks with a Xilinx Kintex 7 FPGA (from K325T to K410T) and industry-compliant FMC (FPGA mezzanine card) I/O sites. It features a Type-6 COM Express module which provides full PC software and hardware compatibility. The SBC-K7 embedded PC board is ideal for embedded instrumentation.
The FPGA computing core features the Xilinx Kintex 7 FPGA family, from K325T to K410T. The K410T provides 1540 DSP MAC elements operating at up to 500 MHz and 400K logic cells. The FPGA core has two LPDDR2 DRAM memory banks providing 512MB x 16bit and 1024 MB x 32 bit, respectively.
The SBC-K7 supports Intel dual-core Atom (consuming just 6W) or quad-core i7 processors (45W). The board features up to 16 GB DDR3 ram, Gigabit ethernet, USB, SATA, DisplayPort, touchscreen LCD, RS232/485, ultra low-jitter programmable sample clock generation and PCI Express connectivity.
The embedded PC board includes two FMC I/O sites are provided. HPC (high-pin count) compatible site 0 features 80 LVDS pairs connected to the FPGA, plus clocks, controls, and eight lanes of PCIe gen2 connectivity. LPC (low-pin count) compatible site 1 provides eight, gen2 PCIe lanes, 22 HB and 34 LB differential pairs pins.
Innovative Integration SBC-K7 Embedded PC Board Features
- Runs Windows/Linux
- i7 CPU, 4 cores, 2.2 GHz, 8-16 GB or Atom CPU, 1 or 2 cores, 1.6GHz, 2GB
- USB/1000 Ethernet/SATA/IEEE1588
- Touchscreen LCD and DisplayPort support
- Removable SDHC boot drive
- 6U card 200x160x30mm
- < 30W (Atom), 70W (i7) excluding FMC
- Conduction or air-cooled versions
- Dual VITA 57 module sites with 80 LVDS pairs
- x8 lanes, 6.5 Gbps (x4 shared with Ethernet)
- Xilinx Kintex 7 K160T, K325T, or K410T
- 2 memory banks: up to 1GB LPDDR2 DRAM or 8MB QDRII SRAM each
- 10Gb Ethernet with SFP+ fiber optic port
- Wire Speed rates support 1GB/s streaming
- IEEE 1588 timing synchronization
- Optional GPS integration
- Clock and trigger I/O for system timing
- Environmental ratings for -40 to 85° C and 5g vibe
More info: Innovative Integration
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.