Actel Corporation’ $99 Icicle(TM) Kit enables designers to easily and rapidly program, evaluate, and modify low-power IGLOO-based portable designs. The 1.4″ x 3.6″ Icicle evaluation board, which is powered by a lithium-ion battery, consumes less than one-seventh the power of competitive FPGA development solutions in a design the size of a small cell phone. Actel’s Icicle Kit allows designers to closely examine power consumption in various modes.
The Icicle board is an environmentally-friendly, RoHS-compliant solution that integrates a nonvolatile, 125,000-gate AGL125 IGLOO FPGA. The board includes the built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, USB-to-UART interfaces, and power management circuits. In addition to the Icicle evaluation board, the kit includes a programming stick for extended programming functionality.
- Low-power AGL125 in small (8 x 8 mm) portable QN132 package
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with automatic recharge from USB interface also provides serial communications to the PC for a Hyperterminal use via USB-UART chip
- Green OLED 96 x 16 low-power display for interesting demos
- Three signal LEDs and a special Flash*Freeze indicator LED
- Includes a miniature low-cost programming stick (LCPS) for programming the evaluation board via a USB 2.0 high-speed connection
- IGLOO Icicle Evaluation Board with AGL125-QNG132 device
- FlashPro3 programmer built into low-cost programming stick
- Actel Libero IDE software DVD
- User’s guide and tutorial
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout in Allegro format
- Sample design
The Icicle Kit is available immediately for $99.
More info: Actel’s IGLOO Icicle Kit