Altera introduced their Advanced Systems Development Kit. The system development kit can handle “beyond HD” resolutions and formats for engineers designing multi-channel and high-resolution video processing systems. Altera’s Advanced Systems Development Kit includes enough logic resources, I/O bandwidth, and external memory bandwidth to handle up to 8K ultra HD video processing.
The Altera Advanced Systems Development Kit supports a complete BSP (board support package) with firmware and PCI Express (PCIe) streaming drivers. It is also PCIe form-factor compliant, enabling designers to deploy it in both commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and purpose-built servers. The kit is ideal for designers who must build optimized products while still meeting the performance requirements of high-resolution, dense-channel video applications.
Altera Advanced Systems Development Kit Features
- Two 28-nm Altera Stratix V FPGAs
- >1.5-Tbps external memory throughput
- PCIe Gen3x16 bandwidth
- PCIe form-factor compliant
- FPGA mezzanine card (FMC) front-panel expansion, for connectivity via popular standards such as SFP+ and QSFP
- High-speed mezzanine card (HSMC) expansion
- Option for BSP with Linux and Windows 7 drivers and an example video application software
More info: Altera Corporation