Lattice Semiconductor introduced the MachXO2 PLD family. The Lattice MachXO2 family features a 3X increase in logic density, a 10X increase in embedded memory, a 100X+ reduction in static power and up to 30% lower cost compared to the MachXO PLD family. MachXO2 LCMXO2-1200ZE and LCMXO2-1200HC PLD devices are now available as Alpha samples, with engineering sample devices scheduled for December 2010 and production devices available in March 2011. Pricing for the LCMXO2-256ZE/HC TQFP100 is $0.75 and the LCMXO2-1200ZE/HC TQFP100 is $2.00 (both in 500KU volume). All members of the MachXO2 family are expected to be shipping in production by the end of Q3 2011.
Lattice MachXO2 PLD Highlights
- Instant-on, non-volatile — powers up in less than 1ms enabling precise control during system boot-up
- Single chip — no external configuration memory required resulting in high security and low total system cost
- Low power — increases battery life and helps reduce the overall system power
- Hardened User Flash Memory (UFM), I2C, SPI, and timer/counter — minimizes the use of LUTs for implementing additional functionality
- On-chip User Flash Memory (UFM) — provides up to 256Kbits of general purpose Flash memory
- Embedded and distributed memory — efficient data buffering and resource usage
- Robust PLLs and on board oscillator — integrated clock management reducing total system cost
- Flexible, high performance I/Os — interfaces with multiple voltages, DDR/DDR2/LPDDR memory and 7:1 LVDS interfaces
- TransFR technology and dual boot — allows remote and reliable field upgrades while the equipment operates
- Device TraceID and One Time Programmability (OTP) — prevents further erasure or programming of the Flash; unique 64bit TraceID can be used for device tracking purposes
- 3X increase in logic density, 10X increase in embedded memory, 100X+ reduction in static power and up to 30% lower cost
- Built on a low power 65nm process
MachXO2 PLD Options
MachXO2 ZE devices range from 256 to 7K look-up tables (LUTs), operate off a nominal 1.2V power supply, and support system performance up to 60MHz. With power specified as low as 19uW and packages as small as 2.5mm x 2.5mm, the MachXO2 ZE devices are optimized for cost-sensitive, low power consumer design applications such as smart phones, GPS devices and PDAs.
MachXO2 HC devices range from 256 to 7K LUTs, operate off a nominal 3.3V or 2.5V power supply, and support system performance up to 150MHz. Offering up to 335 user I/O and a robust design solution (instant-on, non-volatile, input hysteresis and single-chip), these devices are ideal for control applications in end markets such as telecommunications infrastructure, computing, industrial and medical equipment.
MachXO2 HE devices range from 2K to 7K LUTs, operate off a nominal 1.2V power supply and support system performance up to 150MHz. These devices are optimized for power sensitive system applications.
More information: Lattice Semiconductor