Xilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq: XLNX) announced the winners of its inaugural Open Source Hardware Innovation Contest. The innovation contest is the first of its kind to establish an open source hardware community (OSHC) for senior undergraduates, masters and doctoral-level engineering students in mainland China designing with industry-leading FPGA platforms.
A panel of seven judges awarded 17 prizes to the winners for designs in industrial control, multimedia, telecom, consumer electronics and surveillance applications. The winning submissions were selected from 200 design teams made up of more than 1000 student participants.
Winning teams were awarded prizes, cash and free training courses through the Extension Courses for Electronic Design, provided by the Chinese Institute of Electronics (CIE). The winning teams are:
- 1st place Winner
- Tian Yun, Xu Wenbo, Hu Bin and Gu Tao from the Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, “WCDMA System Digital Frequency Interference Canceller”
- 2nd Place Winners
- Design team led by Deng Qingxu of the Embedded Laboratory of Northeastern University Software and Theory Institute, “FPGA Dynamic Part Reconfiguration Technology Based Surveillance System for Thermal Power Plan”
- Wang Yuguo, Tian Wei, Wang Chunqiu, Kang Weiguo, with directing professors Li Yunsong and Lei Jie of Xidian University, “The Reconfigurable Hardware Measure and Control Platform Based on Web Server”
- 3rd Place Winners
- Hai Ming, and Hai Shan of Dalian University of Technology, “Designing and Validating a 32-bit Synthesizable RISC CPU Core”
- Zou Shilei, Mei Yu, Zhao Wenfeng, Wang Peng, Chenqian, Sun Biao, with directing professor Jiang Jianjun from Huazhong University of Science & Technology, “Distributed Data Acquisition”
- Zhang Zhihui, Wang Bo, Liu Juntao, Li Xiaofei, with directing professor Zhang Yongjun from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, “FPGA Based TMPLS Network Design”
- Zhang Shuai, Zhu Junchcao, Zhang Yijia, Yu Qing from Dalian University of Technology, “Using FPGA to Design and Realize Encryption System Based on Chaotic Encryption Algorithm and Combined with Multi-Level Shuffle Exchange Network”
- Sui Yongsheng, Wang Pengda, Moazhen, Shiying, Li Xinxin from Dalian University of Technology, “FPGA based Liner CCD Color Election System”
- Deng Jiajia, Qian Ruishuo, Zhang Weiwei from Huazhong University of Science & Technology, “FPGA Based Firewall System”
- Merit Winners
- Design teams from Anhui University, Xi’An Jiaotong University, Dalian University of Technology, Xidian University, Chengdu Electronic and Technology University, Harbin Engineering University and Chinese University of Science and Technology.
- Individual Winners
- Most Creative, Northeastern University for “FPGA Dynamic Part Reconfiguration Technology Based Surveillance System for Thermal Power Plan”
- People’s Choice, Shanghai Jiaotong University, “FPGA-Based Hardware Platform Associated with a Surgery Navigation System”
- Best Director Professor, Li Yunsong of Dalian University of Technology and Li Mingwei of Xidian University
More info: Xilinx