Actel introduced CoreFFT v4.0 intellectual property (IP) core for Fast Fourier Transform (FFT). CoreFFT v4.0 makes use of radiation-protected, multiply-accumulate blocks embedded on-chip in Actel’s radiation-tolerant RTAX-DSP FPGA devices to deliver a flexible, fully configurable radix-2 decimation-in-time (DIT) burst I/O FFT for high reliability, radiation-tolerant applications. CoreFFT v4.0 is now available for ordering. The Actel CoreFFT IP core is ideal for audio, digital communications, measurements, control and biomedical.
Actel CoreFFT v4.0 Features
- Highly parameterizable DirectCore RTL generator optimized for the RTAX-DSP family
- Forward and inverse complex FFT
- Transform sizes from 32 to 8,192 points
- 8 to 32 bits input/output real and imaginary data and twiddle coefficients
- Two’s complementary I/O data
- Bit-reversed or natural output order
- Selection of unconditional or conditional block floating point scaling
- Embedded RAM-block-based twiddle look up table
- Built-in memory buffers with optional extensive or minimal memory buffering configurations
- Handshake signals to facilitate easy interface to user circuitry
- CoreFFT is optimized for use in the following devices in the RTAX-DSP family:
CoreFFT v4.0 implements the efficient Cooley-Tukey algorithm for computing discrete Fourier transforms, delivering a hardware accelerated flexible, area efficient and fully configurable radix-2 DIT burst I/O FFT. CoreFFT not only utilizes both radiation-tolerant FPGA and mathblock fabric resources, but also delivers an increased upper data width limit to reduce quantization noise.
FFT processing often handles data in bursts with gaps between data. Fixed configuration FFTs maintain extensive memory buffering, which is unused in these burst-rest-burst applications. CoreFFT v4.0 provides a minimal buffering option to address this scenario.
More info: Actel