Xilinx will offer demonstrations (including the Virtex-6 and Spartan-6 FPGA families) and conduct hands-on workshops and technical presentations at the Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) in Silicon Valley. ESC 2009 will take place March 30 – April 4 at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, CA.
Xilinx Hands-On Workshops
- Implementing an HD-Video Control Plane Embedded Processing System
Tuesday March 31 at 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm
Using a Xilinx targeted design platform, attendees will implement an FPGA-based MicroBlaze(TM) processor system controlling an HD-video data pipeline with real-time object recognition. This workshop includes implementation of the processor system, connection of the video pipeline, addition of the video recognition engine, and viewing results of modified pipeline parameters.
- FPGA-based Co-Processing for DSPs using Model Based Design
Wednesday April 1 at 11:30 am, 1:30 pm, 3:30 pm, 5:30 pm
Thursday April 2 at 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm
In this hands-on workshop co-instructed by Xilinx, Avnet, Texas Instruments, and The MathWorks, attendees will use a video motion estimation algorithm to learn how to employ model-based design techniques to develop a co-processing system consisting of a real-time image stabilization application running on a DSP and an FPGA.
- 25 Years of Innovation – Xilinx Customers Changing the World
- Targeted Design Platforms Address the Programmable Imperative
- Targeted Design Platform Example – Intelligent Video Demo
- Targeted Design Platform for Digital Signal Co-Processing
- Targeted Design Platform for PCI Express(R) Generation 2
- Targeted Design Platform for FPGA-Based Soft Processing
- Flexible Dual-Processor FPGA-Based System Design
Technical Conference Papers (Avnet)
- Implementing DSP Functions within FPGAs
RC Cofer, Ben Harding, Scott Calkins, Thursday, April 2, 2 pm – 3:15 pm
- Designing with FPGAs
RC Cofer, Ben Harding, Thursday, April 2, 3:30 pm – 4:45 pm