Xilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq: XLNX) teamed with Si-Gate GmbH to develop the Xilinx Automotive (XA) Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Development Kit. The XA Automotive ECU kit is based on the automotive-qualified Xilinx XA Spartan(TM)-3E field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs). The kit provides a platform for rapid development of in-vehicle networking, infotainment, driver assistance, and driver information systems. The kit includes a development board with pre-engineered hardware interfaces and supports a host of automotive application intellectual property (IP). The XA Automotive ECU Development Kit is immediately available for $1,495 USD.
XA Automotive ECU Development Kit includes:
- XA1600E development board with the XC3S1600EFG484 device
- EDK and ISE(tm) evaluation tools
- Power supply with universal adaptor
- Programming cable
- Custom serial cable
- QuickStart guide
- Resource CD with reference designs for easy evaluation
The XA Automotive ECU Development Kit provides all the components needed to develop entire subsystems, including an XA1600E development board equipped with an XA Spartan-3E 1.6 million system gate FPGA, and on-board hardware interfaces such as CAN 2.0B and C, Ethernet 10/100, USB 2.0, SPI and SCI. Pre-verified Xilinx and third-party application IP provides the necessary building blocks for developing MOST(R) systems, FlexRay(TM) connectivity, along with high and low-speed CAN bus interfaces. The kit also includes a power supply with universal adapter, programming and custom serial cables, QuickStart Guide, and resource CD with a reference design for easy evaluation. Evaluation versions of the Xilinx Embedded Development Kit and ISE(TM) design tools are also supported.
- Xilinx XC3S1600EFG484 FPGA
- On-board hardware interfaces such as CAN 2.0C, Ethernet 10/100, USB 2.0, SPI, and SCI
- Complete out-of-the box development system
- Support for pre-verified Xilinx and Partner IP for High and Low Speed CAN, FlexRay(tm) and MOST® network interfaces
- Daughter card is required for MOST interface