eASIC Corporation’s next generation Nextreme-2 Family is the semiconductor industry’s first 45nm, zero mask-charge New ASIC family. The Nextreme-2 Family delivers on eASIC’s affordable silicon customization, enabling the design of custom chips using state-of-the-art 45nm technology and the delivery of working devices in only six-weeks. eASIC is currently engaged with early access customers, and mainstream availability will commence in the fourth quarter of 2008.
- Up to 80 percent lower power than FPGAs
- 3X higher density than 40nm FPGAs
- Up to 20M gates
- Up to 30 Mbits of true dual-port memory
- Up to 2.4 TeraMACs of DSP performance
- Up to 56, 6.5Gbps transceivers & 1.25Gbps LVDS
- Simple design tools and flow
- Approximately 4-10 weeks from RTL to tape-out
- Six weeks to silicon devices
- No minimum order quantity
- 700MHz logic fabric
- Includes 600MHz block RAMs, register files and ViaROM
- Select from ARM, Tensilica, OpenRISC or LEON processors
The Nextreme-2 Family is manufactured on Chartered Semiconductor’s 45nm low-power (LP) process and armed with the industry’s most efficient LUT-based architecture. The logic fabric provides up to 700MHz performance enabling signal processing engineers with an impressive 2.4 TeraMACs of DSP capability without the need for embedded multipliers.
The combination of triple oxide transistors, 45nm LP process and eASIC’s patented power-management architecture enables Nextreme-2 to lower power consumption by up to 80 percent when compared with state-of-the art FPGAs. Low-power consumption makes Nextreme-2 an ideal choice for applications that demand power efficiency to help reduce system cost and meet stringent power budgets.
The Nextreme-2 Family also includes up to 56 MGIO’s (multi-Gigabit IOs) each capable of operating at 6.5Gbps providing 364Gbps bandwidth. The inclusion of the MGIO’s makes Nextreme-2 a compelling alternative to FPGAs and ASICs for high performance networking applications such as switches, routers, traffic management, metro transmission and mobile backhaul. Nextreme-2 delivers ASIC performance with rapid turnaround time and low upfront cost.
More info: eASIC Nextreme-2