Opal Kelly introduced the XEM6002 integration module. The board is based on the Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA (XC6SLX9-2FTG256C). It has a medium gate-count FPGA and utilizes the high-transfer rate of USB 2.0 for configuration downloads, enabling almost instant reprogramming of the FPGA. The XEM6002 integration module is available now. It is priced at $174.95 each. The unit price drops to $99.95 for quantities of 1,000 pieces.
The XEM6002 low-cost evaluation board platform features flexible clocking with a multi-output clock generator that can generate clock frequencies from 1 MHz to 150 MHz, with flexibility for higher frequencies if needed. The XEM6002 includes Opal Kelly’s FrontPanel SDK, which is an easy-to-use software interface to hardware. In addition, the Opal Kelly module includes four Digilent Pmod Compatible connectors for attaching low-bandwidth peripheral modules.
The XEM6002 with FrontPanel SDK is a platform for integrating Pmod devices with PC, Mac, and Linux software. The board is ideal for semiconductor evaluation and experimentation, and leverages Opal Kelly’s FrontPanel software and SDK that provide an easy-to-use software interface between hardware and PCs.
Opal Kelly XEM6002 Integration Module Features
- Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA (XC6SLX9-2FTG256C)
- 32 Mb SPI Flash for general storage or standalone FPGA configuration (OEM option)
- Four Digilent Pmod Compatible connectors (32 FPGA I/Os)
- Single 20-pin dual-row 0.1″ header (16 FPGA I/Os, 1 PLL CLK, 1 FPGA GCLKs)
- Transfer rates of up to 36 MBytes/second between the PC and FPGA
- Small form-factor — credit-card sized (3.5″ x 2.0″ x 0.61″, 88.9mm x 50.8mm x 15.4mm)
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface for downloading and control
- Bus-powered operation
- Clock generator PLL for programmable clock rate
- Four pushbuttons
- Eight LEDs
- JTAG header footprint
- Full FrontPanel virtual control panel support
- Complete Application Programmer’s Interface (API) in C, C++, C#, Ruby, Python, and Java
More info: Opal Kelly XEM6002 Integration Module (pdf)