Altium introduced the NanoBoard 3000AL prototyping board. The new NanoBoard 3000AL features the Altera Cyclone III FPGA (EP3C40F780C8N). The NanoBoard 3000 is available for a recommended retail price of $395 (US) and includes a 12-month subscription to an Altium Designer Soft Design License, which also includes all software updates released by Altium during the 12-month subscription period. Users of the latest release of Altium Designer can also use the NanoBoard 3000.
Altium NanoBoard 3000 Highlights
- Reprogrammable hardware development platform that harnesses the power of a dedicated high-capacity, low-cost programmable device to allow rapid and interactive implementation and debugging of your designs
- Perfect entry-point to discover and explore the world of FPGA based embedded systems design. Programmable hardware realm allows you to update the design quickly and many times over without incurring cost or time penalties
- Works seamlessly and in full synchronization with Altium’s nextgeneration electronic design solution, Altium Designer
- High-capacity FPGA located on the motherboard, and provision for a single plug-in peripheral board (Altium or user’s own) for additional system flexibility
- Automatic peripheral board detection and configuration
- Dual boot system, allowing the board to update its firmware in the field by itself, over a standard USB connection – no parallel port or USB JTAG Adapter required
With the NanoBoard 3000, electronics designers have everything they need to design and deploy sophisticated FPGA-based designs. Complete with hardware and software, the NanoBoard 3000 eliminates the need to search the web for drivers, peripherals or other software. It is a low-risk, low-cost design alternative for electronics designers looking to move beyond the constraints of fixed hardware.
Electronics designers without any prior FPGA skills can use the NanoBoard 3000 to construct sophisticated ‘soft’ processor-based systems inside the FPGA. Using their existing board layout skills and Altium’s intuitive graphical interface, electronics designers can construct, test and implement entire FPGA-based embedded systems.
The NanoBoard 3000AL includes software, hardware and Altium’s royalty-free IP. Electronics designers can also exploit Altium’s vast range of learning materials and reference designs to get them up and running immediately. Designers looking to deploy their designs can also purchase one of Altium’s modular commercial enclosures. Available in a variety of sizes, the modular commercial enclosures will let designers go from prototype to deployment in a single step by simply snapping the NanoBoard 3000 into the enclosure.
More info: Altium