Altera introduced the Cyclone III LS FPGA Development Kit. The kit features hardware and software solutions that enables engineers to prototype and test designs for Altera’s Cyclone III LS FPGAs, which feature less than 0.25 W of static power for 200K logic elements (LEs). Designers can take advantage of the redundancy and information security features of the Cyclone III LS FPGA for a number of military and industrial applications where security is paramount. The Cyclone III LS Development Kit is available and priced at $3,495.
Altera Cyclone III LS FPGA Development Kit
- Cyclone III LS FPGA development board (EP3CLS200F780C7N device)
- Embedded USB-Blaster circuitry
- Two 512 Mbytes of DDR2 SDRAMs
- 2 Mbytes of synchronous SRAM from ISSI
- 64 Mbytes of flash from Intel
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Power and analog devices from Linear Technology
- 25-, 50- and 125-MHz on-board oscillators
- SMA inputs/outputs
- Inputs/outputs for the two HSMCs
- 2-line x 16-character LCD
- Two HSMCs
- USB type B
- Three HSMC debug cards (two loop-back and a debug header)
- Cyclone III LS FPGA Development Kit CD-ROM with design examples and complete documentation
- Altera Complete Design Suite DVD
The Cyclone III LS FPGA Development Kit offers access to selected security features of the device. The anti-tamper design example included in the kit uses an external Altera MAX II CPLD as a configuration manager that accesses the passive and active security features. Program file encryption and JTAG port protection provide a passive layer of resistance against theft of confidential design files, while the CRC error detection feature and an internal oscillator help designers create an application to actively monitor design tampering while in operation.
The Cyclone III LS Development Kit provides developers with resources for video, data, and image processing. The Cyclone III LS FPGA (EP3CLS200) has 8 Mbits of embedded memory, 396 embedded multipliers and 200K LEs at less than 0.25 W of static power. The development kit comes complete with a Cyclone III LS EP3CLS200F780C7N FPGA-based development board, a one-year license for Quartus II Design Software, Development Kit Edition, and access to Altera’s MegaCore IP Library including the Nios II Embedded Design Suite.
More info: Altera