Actel introduced the Core1553 Development Kit, which is essentially a self-contained benchtop 1553 bus development system. The kit enables the development and testing of MIL-STD-1553B development using Actel’s Core1553BRM IP core. The Core1553 Development Kit (part number CORE1553-DEV-KIT) is available now for US $3620. The Core1553BRM core is licensed separately and is not included in the kit. The Core1553 Development Kit is ideal for military and aerospace engineers.
Core1553 Development Kit Content
- Fusion Advanced Development Kit with power supplies
- Core1553 Daughter Card
- Quickstart Card
The Core1553 Development Kit consists of a Fusion Advanced Development Kit board and a Core1553 Daughter Card, allowing users to exercise the functionality of Actel’s Core1553BRM without having to create a complete MIL-STD-1553B-compliant system. Designers using the Core1553BRM source files included in the kit can implement two complete Core1553BRM cores into a single M1AFS1500 FPGA, and evaluate the bus controller, remote terminal and bus monitor (monitor terminal) functions of the 1553B core, all compliant with MIL-STD-1553B and associated international specifications. The design also allows monitoring of 1553B bus activity using Actel Silicon Explorer II hardware or the customer’s logic analyzer.
Core1553 Daughter Card Features
- MIL-STD-1553B transceiver, two transformers and two concentric twinax connectors included on the Core1553 daughter board
- MIL-STD-1553B concentric twinax connectors are center pin signal high and cylindrical contact signal low
- Connectivity is MIL-C-49142 compliant
- Evaluate and develop medium speed on-board data communications bus solutions for MIL-STD-1553B / UK DEF-STAN 00-18 (Pt.2) / NATO STANAG 3838 AVS / Avionic Standards Coordinating Committee Air-Std 50/2
- CAN bus interface support — DB9 connector and connectivity supporting CAN bus development
- 9 V power supply connector jack — On-board 5 V and 3.3 V power supplies
- Connector to Fusion Advanced Development Kit (M1AFS-ADV-DEV-KIT)
- Connector to ARINC429 Daughter Board (CORE429-SA)
More info: Actel