Pentek rolled out the 71660 four-channel data acquisition module. The 71660 board features the Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA. The native form factor for the 71660 is an XMC module and is also offered in a conduction-cooled version. Software support includes drivers for Windows and Linux platforms, with support for VxWorks to follow. The Model 71660 pricing starts at $9,995 USD depending on the memory and FPGA configuration.
Pentek 71660 XMC Module Features
- Complete radar and software radio interface solution
- Supports Xilinx Virtex-6 LXT and SXT FPGAs
- Four 200 MHz 16-bit A/Ds
- Up to 2 GB of DDR3 SDRAM or 32 MB of QDRII+ SRAM
- Sample clock synchronization to an external system reference
- LVPECL clock/sync bus for multimodule synchronization
- PCI Express (Gen. 1 and 2) interface up to x8 wide
- VITA 42.0 XMC compatible with switched fabric interfaces
- LVDS connections to the Virtex-6 FPGA for custom I/O
The Virtex-6 FPGA on the 71660 provides engineers with a combination of turnkey and custom functionality. Designers can select the specific FPGA device installed, ranging from the lower-cost LX130T to the high-performance SX475T with up to 2016 DSP slices. The board ships with the FPGA configured to provide synchronization, triggering, multiplexing and data acquisition features including a complete radar range gate engine. Dvelopers can immediately take full advantage of the 71660 features with no additional FPGA programming.
The FPGA controls and implements data flow paths for all resources on the board, giving engineers full command of board operation when desired. Users can configure the FPGA using Pentek’s GateFlow Design Kit. The Cobalt version of GateFlow has been optimized for the Virtex-6 family and features increased modularity to help simplify development.
More info: Pentek