Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) will attend the 2009 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES). At the event, the company will showcase its programmable solutions for the consumer electronics market. Attendees can see demonstrations of Altera’s devices and tools at work in home appliances, portable applications and displays, including:
- Energy-saving smart home-appliance technology featuring Echelon’s LonWorks Power Line transceiver board and Planetweb’s SpectraWorks graphical user interface using Altera’s Cyclone® III FPGA with Nios® II embedded processor.
- Energy-efficient variable-speed motor control for home appliances based on Cyclone III FPGAs and Alizem motor control IP.
- High-definition LCD, 3D display technology from Dynamic Digital Depth USA on Altera’s Arria® GX FPGA for easy-to-use and affordable 3D home entertainment.
- Altera’s Avalon® ST video framework based on Cyclone III FPGA running over Microtronix’s ViClaro III HD interface board for highly integrated, next-generation HD 1080p displays.
- Video processing algorithm running on a Cyclone III FPGA with RTL conversion by Synfora PICO Extreme tools for displays, digital TVs and other broadcast applications.
- Multi-touch, power-efficient interface for portable devices for simplified development, easily customizable to touch-screen size using a MAX® IIZ CPLD.
- PWM for lighting, sound and motion control using a MAX IIZ CPLD on a SLS Mantra board for portable devices.
- Mobile, full QWERTY keyboard scanner using MAX IIZ CPLD.
- Mobile resistive multi-touch screen from Stantum for portable devices. Small form factor, lowest power, scalable with MAX IIZ CPLD.
- Digital touch development board from Wintech using MAX IIZ CPLDs for portable devices.
More info: CES 2009