Avnet Electronics Marketing Americas, the electronics distribution components group for the Americas region of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), announced the $39 Xilinx® Spartan®-3A Evaluation Kit. Featuring a Xilinx Spartan-3A 400A Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), the kit is a cost-effective solution for designers evaluating or testing their design targeting low-cost, high-volume applications.
Designers can use the Spartan-3A kit for general FPGA prototyping, investigating the Xilinx MicroBlaze(tm) soft processor, experimenting with multiple FPGA configuration techniques, and proving out lowcost design methods. An Avnet-developed Windows-based application programs the FPGA and configuration memories through the supplied USB interface.
The Xilinx Spartan-3A FPGA Evaluation Kit includes a Spartan-3A Evaluation Board, Xilinx ISE® Design Suite 10.1 WebPACK and evaluation DVD, Avnet programming utility, USB cable and several design tutorials. In addition to the Spartan-3A FPGA, the board features the PSoC Mixed Signal Array from Cypress, a silicon oscillator from Maxim Integrated Technologies, SPI and parallel NOR Flash memory from Spansion and a power supply and several power management devices from Texas Instruments.
- Xilinx XC3S400A-4FTG256C Spartan-3A FPGA
- Four LEDs
- Four CapSense switches
- I2C temperature sensor
- Two 6-pin expansion headers
- 20 x 2, 0.1-inch user I/O header
- 4 MB Spansion(tm) Parallel Flash
- 128 Mb Spansion SPI Flash
- USB-UART bridge
- I2C port
- SPI and BPI configuration
- Xilinx JTAG interface
- FPGA configuration via PSoC
- Xilinx Spartan-3A evaluation board
- ISE(tm) WebPACK(tm) 10.1 DVD
- USB cable
- Windows® programming application
- Downloadable documentation and reference designs
More info: Avnet Xilinx Spartan-3A Evaluation Kit