The Arria GX Development Kit, from Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR), is the first development kit for the Arria(TM) GX FPGA family. The kit offers a robust environment for the development and testing of designs implementing high-speed serial interfaces such as PCI Express (PCIe), Serial RapidIO® (SRIO), and Gigabit Ethernet (Gbe). The Arria GX Development Kit helps designers achieve significant cost savings and a dramatic reduction in overall design time. The development kit can be used by system designers as a starting point for their own designs.
The Arria GX Development Kit targets PCIe x1 and x4, SRIO, and Gigabit Ethernet designs. It includes a PCI Express form factor board with an Arria GX FPGA with 60K logic elements (LEs), 350 user I/O pins, and eight transceiver channels.
The kit contains:
- Arria GX Development Board
- 32-Mbyte x16 DDR2 SDRAM operating at 233 MHz
- PCIe x4 edge connector
- High-speed mezzanine card (HSMC) connector
- Development Tools
- PCIe reference design and complete documentation
- Support for OpenCore Plus intellectual property (IP) megafunctions including PCIe Compiler: x1 and x4, GbE and SRIO
- Quartus® II Web Edition design software
The Arria GX development kit is available now and priced at $995.