Xilinx Pocket Power Estimator App for iPad and iPhone Devices
Xilinx announced their new Pocket Power Estimator (PPE) app. The application is a high-level power estimation application that enables designers to quickly perform what-if power analyses based on specific design scenarios. The app for Apple iPad and iPhone devices helps designers to see how Xilinx’s 28nm 7 series Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) platforms compare to alternatives in delivering the lowest power consumption. The Xilinx PPE mobile app is free and is available now. An Android version of PPE will be available later this year.
Xilinx PPE App Overview
- High-level power estimation application
- Enables designers to quickly perform what-if power analyses based on specific design scenarios
- Quick and easy way to determine the power consumption of Xilinx’s 28nm 7 series FPGAs
- Immediate feedback on the estimated power consumption compared to other Xilinx or competing devices
- Easy-to-use GUI for the quick entering of resource requirements (such as SerDes utilization, DSP, memory, logic capacity)
- Takes into account total power consumption to enable designers to easily obtain a high-level estimate of power usage by functional block
- Includes application reference examples that designers can use as starting points to customize to their own specifications
- Features design examples for the wired and wireless communications markets
- Future releases will have additional market segment examples and support other smartphone platforms
- Works with iPad and iPhone mobile devices
More info: Xilinx Pocket Power Estimator App
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.