Analog Devices announced the FMC176 quad channel ADC and dual channel DAC FPGA mezzanine card. The FMC176 features JEDEC JESD204B serializer/de-serializer (SerDes) technology. It enables digital and analog designers to simplify high-speed data converter-to-FPGA connectivity. The ADI FMC features two AD9250, dual-channel, 14-bit, 250-MSPS A/D converters with JESD204B-compatible serial output data interface and two AD9129 dual 16-bit 5.6-GSPS RF D/A converters. It is available now for $2995.
The FMC176 is a 14-bit, 250-MSPS, A/D converter FMC that supports JESD204B Subclass 1 deterministic latency, providing the connectivity and functionality to quickly combine with Xilinx’s Kintex-7 and Virtex-7 FPGA platforms in a variety of compute-intensive FPGA-based applications. It also features two Analog Devices AD9129 14-bit RF D/A converters to support high-speed communications applications with up to 5.6-GSPS throughput.
The FMC176′s 14-bit, 250-MSPS channels can be clocked by an internal clock source or an externally supplied sample clock. There is one trigger input for customized sampling control. Each of the two on-board AD9250 A/D converters supports Subclass 1 deterministic latency and a SYNCREF signal for precise synchronization of all four channels. The FMCs are mechanically and electrically compliant with FMC standard ANSI/VITA 57.1. The FMCs have a high-pin-count connector, front panel I/O and can be used in a conduction-cooled environment.
The FMC allows flexible control on sampling frequency, analog input gain, and over-range detection through serial communication buses. The FMC is equipped with power supply and temperature monitoring and offer several power-down modes to switch off unused functions or protect the card from overheating.
ADI FMC176 JESD204B FPGA Mezzanine Card Features
- Two AD9250: 4-channel 14-bit A/D up to 250 Msps – JESD204B
- Two AD9xxx: 2-channel 14-bit D/A up to 5.6 Gsps (2.8Gsps without 1:2 interpolation) – LVDS
- VITA 57.1-2010 compliant
- Conduction cooled – standard option
- Single ended AC-coupled analog signals
- 10 MMCX/SSMC connectors available from the front panel
- Clock Source, Sampling Frequency, and Calibration through a SPI communication busses
- Flexible clock tree enables internal clock source, external reference clock, and external sampling clock
- Power-down modes to switch off unused functions for system power savings
- Mil-I-46058c Conformal Coating Compliant (optional)
- HPC – High Pin Count connector
- LVDS IO signaling