ADI Unveils FMC176 Quad Channel ADC and Dual Channel DAC FPGA Mezzanine Card
Analog Devices announced the FMC176 quad channel ADC and dual channel DAC FPGA mezzanine card. The FMC176 features JEDEC JESD204B serializer/de-serializer (SerDes) technology. It enables digital and analog designers to simplify high-speed data converter-to-FPGA connectivity. The ADI FMC features two AD9250, dual-channel, 14-bit, 250-MSPS A/D converters with JESD204B-compatible serial output data interface and two AD9129 dual 16-bit 5.6-GSPS RF D/A converters. It is available now for $2995.
The FMC176 is a 14-bit, 250-MSPS, A/D converter FMC that supports JESD204B Subclass 1 deterministic latency, providing the connectivity and functionality to quickly combine with Xilinx’s Kintex-7 and Virtex-7 FPGA platforms in a variety of compute-intensive FPGA-based applications. It also features two Analog Devices AD9129 14-bit RF D/A converters to support high-speed communications applications with up to 5.6-GSPS throughput.
The FMC176′s 14-bit, 250-MSPS channels can be clocked by an internal clock source or an externally supplied sample clock. There is one trigger input for customized sampling control. Each of the two on-board AD9250 A/D converters supports Subclass 1 deterministic latency and a SYNCREF signal for precise synchronization of all four channels. The FMCs are mechanically and electrically compliant with FMC standard ANSI/VITA 57.1. The FMCs have a high-pin-count connector, front panel I/O and can be used in a conduction-cooled environment.
The FMC allows flexible control on sampling frequency, analog input gain, and over-range detection through serial communication buses. The FMC is equipped with power supply and temperature monitoring and offer several power-down modes to switch off unused functions or protect the card from overheating.
ADI FMC176 JESD204B FPGA Mezzanine Card Features
- Two AD9250: 4-channel 14-bit A/D up to 250 Msps – JESD204B
- Two AD9xxx: 2-channel 14-bit D/A up to 5.6 Gsps (2.8Gsps without 1:2 interpolation) – LVDS
- VITA 57.1-2010 compliant
- Conduction cooled – standard option
- Single ended AC-coupled analog signals
- 10 MMCX/SSMC connectors available from the front panel
- Clock Source, Sampling Frequency, and Calibration through a SPI communication busses
- Flexible clock tree enables internal clock source, external reference clock, and external sampling clock
- Power-down modes to switch off unused functions for system power savings
- Mil-I-46058c Conformal Coating Compliant (optional)
- HPC – High Pin Count connector
- LVDS IO signaling
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.