Xilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq: XLNX) and Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) will showcase their products at MILCOM 2007, to be held at The Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center on October 29 – 31. Xilinx will present their solutions for Software Defined Radio (SDR) and single chip cryptography based on Xilinx(R) Virtex(TM) FPGAs. Altera will showcase their programmable logic and structured ASIC technologies and conduct joint demonstrations with partners.
Xilinx MILCOM Information:
Small Form Factor Software Defined Radio Development Platform Demonstration of Xilinx small form factor SDR development platform acting as a GSM picocell enabling voice and data communications between standard GSM cell phones. The development platform combines powerful power optimization tool with reduced board size (6 x 5 inches). The development platform enables reduction of size, weight, and power for mobile, handheld, and small form factor SDRs used in military, public safety and commercial radio applications. The power optimization tool allows waveform developers to optimize total system power via iterative power measurements and re-partitioning of algorithms across TI’s digital signal processor and Xilinx FPGAs.
Xilinx-Enabled Small Form Factor Product Showcase
Assortment of handheld communication products enabled by Xilinx low-power programmable technology including Joint Tactical Radio Systems (JTRS) handheld, manpack small form fit (HMS) radios, and battery-powered consumer devices.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 — “Reconfigurable Technology for MIMO-OFDM Systems”
Dr. Raghu Mysore Rao and Dr. Chris Dick, Xilinx
High data rate applications are driving the need for high throughput and spectrally efficient broadband communication systems. Efficient modulation schemes and multiple antenna techniques are being explored for such applications as MIMO-OFDM. OFDM modulation has been adopted by almost all major broadband wireless standards including 802.11a/g, DVB-T/DVB-H, 802.16, UWB, etc. MIMO-OFDM is also finding its way into some newer standards such as 802.11n and 802.16e. The key aspects of all these standards are reliability and high throughput. Mobility is also a key factor in some of these standards.
Altera Product and Solution Demonstrations:
- BittWare’s SPR reference platform
- Targets designers of SDR and DSP-based applications
- Provides an alternative to partial reconfiguration
- Octera’s embedded solutions
- Embedded military solutions implemented in an FPGA
- TrellisWare’s RapidFire development platform
- Enables evaluation of TrellisWare’s full range of waveform, high-speed modem and forward error correction (FEC) IP products
- Altera’s military solutions
- Cyclone series FPGAs
- Optimized for SWaP production
- Provides the lowest power solution for the secure communication market
- Stratix® series FPGAs
- Provides maximum functionality using minimum power
- High-density, high-performance FPGA
- Secure, DSP performance, high-speed I/Os
- HardCopy® series structured ASICs
- Delivers secure, low-cost, low-power, instant-on, single event upset (SEU)-immune solutions
- Cyclone series FPGAs