Altera Corporation (NASDAQ:ALTR) and Bitec, Ltd. announced a new video development kit that enables designers to rapidly develop and prototype high-performance, cost-sensitive video applications. At the heart of the kit are Altera’s Cyclone® III FPGAs, which are an ideal video processing platform given the device’s large parallel processing capabilities with up to 288 multipliers, 4-Mbit embedded memory blocks, and low power consumption. The kit supports multiple video I/O formats, allowing video application developers to quickly develop, debug, and prototype designs using their lab video signals and displays.
The video development kit features a Cyclone III development board with two High-Speed Mezzanine Connector (HSMC)-based video interface daughtercards developed by Bitec. The kit supports composite, S-Video, DVI and RGB video.
Video Development Kit Features
- Cyclone III EP3C120F780 development board
- Quad-Video HSMC daughtercard (8 composite or 4 S-Video inputs)
- DVI HSMC daughtercard and DVI cable
- Quartus® II Web Edition software
- Access to Altera® OpenCore Plus evaluation intellectual property (IP) megafunctions including the Video and Image Processing (VIP) Suite
- A CD-ROM with a video mosaic reference design developed by Bitec
The Cyclone III FPGA-based video development kit is currently available exclusively through Bitec.