Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) announced the winning design teams of the Nios® II Embedded Processor Design Contest. Conducted through Altera’s University Program, the Nios II Embedded Processor Design Contest provides design engineering students throughout Asia Pacific with hands-on programmable logic and embedded processor design experience in preparation for real world advanced system design. The 2007 contest attracted 733 entries with 20 teams receiving awards totaling US$20,000.
The winner entries are:
- MRI of Spinal Segmentation System Based on the Nios II Embedded Processor — Beijing Jiaotong University, China
- Automatic Vehicle Control, Inspection, Embedded System — I-Shou University, Taiwan
- SoPC Based Cordless Phone — National Institute of Technology, Trichy, India
- Police Vehicle Support System with Wireless Auto Tracking Camera — Inha/Hongik Korea Aerospace University, Korea
- Fingerprint Identification System Based on the Nios II Embedded Processor — Chongqing University, China
More info: Altera University Program